1. The world's best reading app

Great articles, no ads. Get started for free.

You must read the article before you can post or reply.
    • thorgalle
      Top reader this weekReading streakScoutScribe
      11 months ago

I think Jeans got the gist of it! Check out the photo slider on the original too, Bill got a real photo shoot done 😄

• bill
        Top reader of all timeScout
        11 months ago

Lol, dude I straight-up asked the photographer to make me look “handsome-hot.” But then I was being really camera awkward and so he's like "pretend like you're a character in a sci-fi book” which obviously lit me up, put me in mode. All in all, this has been a successful small town diva moment for me (💅 ~takes bow~) but I’m also very ready to pretend like it never happened.

• kellyalysia11 months ago

Great article!!

• bill
        Top reader of all timeScout
        11 months ago

❤️ ❤️

• TaosTom11 months ago

I’d like to know more about the pay structure. Who gets paid here? Jeans Pineda? Taos News? Both? Are we cheating publishers ( Taos News, WAPO, NYT etc) by avoiding paywalls?

• bill
        Top reader of all timeScout
        11 months ago

Hey there, TaosTom! Love to see a neighbor on here. :) Welcome to Readup!

Here’s a slightly out-of-date video that explains the pay structure in detail. (We aren't cheating publishers, we're trying to save them!)

Also, everything’s in the FAQ and blog but more importantly your questions should be answered by using Readup! Go to your Settings. Click “View your impact” under “Readup allocates your subscription fees to the writers you read.” You’ll see (down to the penny!) money for Jeans, Readup, etc.

Readup is a completely new model. I’m super curious to know whether or not the whole arrangement seems ethical to you.

And if you’re interested in getting even deeper, join us on Discord