1. The world's best reading app

Great articles, no ads. Get started for free.

You must read the article before you can post or reply.
    • stphac1 year ago

"Peace, as Dr. King put it, is not merely the absence of tension, but the pres­ence of justice. At its grandest, that idea can apply to soci­eties and nations. But on a smaller scale, it can apply to any commu­nity struc­tured around a shared set of values."

I found this to be a fascinating and through-provoking read without being involved in the Racket community myself. I hope you find it interesting!

• Pegeen
        Top reader this weekReading streakScoutScribe
        1 year ago

I did, thanks!

• thorgalle
        Top reader this weekScoutScribe
        1 year ago

Interesting scout indeed! Also for me, it is sad that I learn about Racket from this exchange of messages.

This read as very well-considered writing, demonstrating impressive introspection from Matthew, and I think it was courageous to publish.

All abuse, harass­ment, and bullying is unac­cept­able. It is merely violence by other means.

• jeff
        Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScoutScribe
        1 year ago

I did! It's a very unfortunate situation but I feel like the author handled it pretty much as appropriately as possible given the circumstances. Hopefully making it all public is enough to get Felleisen to reflect on what seems to be a deep-seated issue.

This also sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole on Racket and Pollen. Very interesting stuff. A whole other world of programming apart from what I'm used to as a web developer.

• Pegeen
      Top reader this weekReading streakScoutScribe
      1 year ago

Wow, I know nothing about Racket but I could not stop reading this. Very well written and could be about any company/community. Takes so much courage to speak up and out. Bravo!

• [user]1 year ago